This page is all about YOU, grandmas and grandpas!
Below, you’ll find a breakdown of the best ways to be trained, encouraged, and equipped for discipling your grandchildren in your home.
At Family Time Training, we believe grandparents are critically important to passing on the faith to the next generation. Whether you live down the street or across the country, YOU can have an impact on your grandchildren for Christ!
Consider making time once a month or once a week to have intentional, spiritual training with your grandchildren. Do they want to play Hide and Seek? Turn it into a chance to teach how we are God’s sheep and he comes to find us when we wander off.
How about a game of tag to teach that God is our strong tower?
Older kids can learn about how the Gospel writers had different perspectives using a Rubic’s Cube, some paper, and markers.
Do you worry about a child who seems to get easily angry? Use soda and iced tea to show how “blowing up” effects others. (This is an outdoor activity.)
If you’re talking on the phone or over FaceTime or Zoom, consider sending them some simple supplies in advance and doing an activity together. Or, simply ask how you can be praying for them.
There is nothing too small when it comes to showing your grandchildren that you love God and you want them to know and love God too.
Just getting started? You need:
- Our Featured Favorite Activities – you’ll find one for each month of the year and always free
- The Family Time Format
- Get connected on our Social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
You can do most of our Family Time activities in about 20 minutes, and we hope you’ll carve out time once a week. Once you do a few lessons, you’ll find the kids are asking for more!
We continue to develop Family Time activities to suit a variety of ages and learning styles to keep your Family Time simple and effective! When you’re ready for more…
- Shop our online store for activity books and boxes (yep, we fill them with the supplies you need to do the activities!)
- Check out Total Access: our online membership with hundreds of activities to choose from. Just click and go!
- Consider bringing a Family Time Training event to your church or small group. Check out the virtual and in-person options.