When we spend a lot of time together, we can start to become impatient and easily irritated with each other. Here is a fun Family Activity that will help us remember the battle is a spiritual one not one fought against each other!
Water Balloon Battle
- The object of this activity is to remind us that we are in a spiritual battle by defeating enemies together!
- Before your planned time together:
- Blow up about 10 water balloons per person (or you can give each person a water squirter).
- Using black or brown markers, draw outlines of a person on pieces of scrap paper. You’ll want to make at least one per person.
- Hang your “enemy” outlines around your yard.
- Have everyone sit down and read:
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:12
- The enemy doesn’t want us to give our lives to Jesus or help other people know Jesus. He wants us to be busy and fighting with each other, so we are too distracted to make a difference in Jesus’ name. We are always in a battle against evil and sin. Let’s play a game that reminds us that we need to work together to fight evil!
- It’s our job to find and fight the (10-12) enemies around the yard. You win by (hitting the outline with a water balloon or shooting it with a water squirter). When the enemy outlines are hit with water, the marker will run and you’ll be able to tell which ones have been defeated!
- When all the enemy outlines have been defeated, get back together.
- What are the weapons God has given us to fight our spiritual battle against evil and sin? (belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, shoes of the readiness of the Gospel or peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, prayer)
- Read Ephesians 6:10-18 as a reminder of the full armor of God has given us.
- What are some ways you can fight the spiritual battles together as a family?
- Pray together and then play in the water some more!
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” Ephesians 6:10
How are you fighting spiritual battles for your family?